Monday, September 5, 2016

Movies I watched in August 2016


Here are the movies I watched last month. 

Suicide Squad

Overall, I enjoyed this movie despite some of its faults. Harley and Deadshot were amazing, and the small amount of time that Batman was in it really worked. The villain was lame, and it you could tell there were issues with the movie being made. Harley and the Joker were just amazing together and I could watch a movie with just them.

Rating 7.0 out of 10


Batman vs Superman Ultimate Cut

I will say this. The 30 extra minutes does help the movie quite a bit. Scenes were both Clark and Lois actually did some journalism really helped, along with more insight into the incident at the beginning of the movie. The things that sucked aabout the movie (jessie eisenberg, martha, doomsday), still suck. But it is a much better flowing movie now.
Rating 7.5 out of 10

The Bronze

A comedy dealing with a timely subject, the Olympics. This move was so damn bad that after about an hour, I could not even watch any more of it. I am tired of R rated movie only cursing just to try to get a laugh. You want to see how a R rated movie can be funny? Watch Deadpool.

Rating 

Could not finish

The Hateful Eight

I feel like I am the only person that is bored with Tarentino movies. It isn't that this movie bad, it was just boring. The acting was pretty good and it looked great, but I just cannot find myself able to get into his story telling at all. I kept losing interesting and had to remind myself I was watching a movie. I know a lot of people liked it, but it is not for me.

Rating 4.0 out of 10 


Kubo and the Two Strings

This was such an amazing movie. The movie was beautiful. The story was great. It is just such a shame this movie is not doing any better than did over the weekend. This may be the best movie I saw all year long at the theater, it was just that damn good. Go see it now!

Rating 9.5 out of 10


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

This is the Swedish version, also known as the better version. I don't normally like subtitles, as having to pay that much attention to the movie is not something I can always do. But this was such a great adaptation of an amazing book. Great cast, and just wonderfully directed. 

Rating 8.5 out of 10


The Girl who Played with Fire

The second movie in the Lisbeth Salander trilogy of movies. The stakes are raised as our heroine is accused of murder and from the get go this story hooks you. Again, it is has English subtitles, but that is ok as again the acting and storytelling is top notch. If you are a fan of these books, you should watch these movies now. 

Rating 8.5 out of 10


Best movie: Kubo and the Two Strings. One of my favorite movies of the year. 

Worst Movie: The Bronze. It is god awful. 
Biggest Disappointment: The hateful 8. I honestly don't get why people love his movies so much. 
Biggest Surprise: Batman v Superman the ultimate cut. It improved the movie quite a bit.
Best Performance: Nooomi Rapace. She did such an amazing job as Lisbeth Salander in both The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl who Played with Fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment